Thursday 21 June 2007

"There's so much I could say to you but the words don't seem to come. Like drumsticks that can't find a drum, the words don't seem to come."


I half expected Jean Claude to telephone me after my London Live appearance. But the other half of me that didn't expect it was right. My mother says you should never trust a man with two first names - there's usually one for each face.
I pointed out that John Stuart Mill must surely be an exception, but my mother replied that she would not be easily fooled by anyone so keen to search for the greatest happiness for the greatest number of people.

1 comment:

William Higham said...

How about someone with one man's name and one woman's name? I am of course thinking of French keyboard tinkler Jean Michelle Jarre. then again, as he is French, is that disappointingly simply two men's names ...