Monday 11 June 2007

"I learnt by the example of my grandmother the importance of a cheerful and optimistic disposition. And although it is not a disposition which comes as naturally to me as it did to Nana, yet I like to think that there is something of her influence visible in my character despite my occasional protestations to the contrary."

There could not be a better sales representative than Nana, especially when she is wearing her big black sunglasses which she says make her look like Katherine Hepburn. Then, when she takes them off and the buyers can see the steely determination in her gleaming blue eyes, well none of them stand a chance, frankly. Nana, my Meditation 3 of Section One. Third time lucky, she would say. And she would be right. But I'm the lucky one.

1 comment:

Suze said...

I love this! more please!